Curly hair is a gift, but yeah we get it, sometimes it's a hindrance too. Managing those blessed with curls can sometimes be a challenge. From frizz to dryness, tangles to lack of definition, curly hair often comes with its own set of problems. Luckily, there's a savior in the form of Boss Curl Co.
We asked our customers their biggest issue with their curls and they gave us some topics to discuss! We'll explore these problems and how Boss Curl Co can help solve them, ya girl's got you, so strap yourself in for some of our best tips!
Frizz: Hydration and styling is key!
- Use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner to keep hair hydrated. Our top finds are here.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner every time under your style to seal in moisture. Find our favourites here.
- Avoid excessive heat styling & hot tools and use a diffuser when blow-drying on medium heat.
- Using a styler is CRUCIAL to frizz, always use a leave in underneath and a styler for your hair type on the top this will help to keep frizz at bay.
- Rinse your hair (after conditioning) using Luke warm - cold water when washing it will help seal the cuticle.
- Deep condition/use a mask regularly to replenish moisture. Check out these deep conditioners. TIP: Wrap your hair up and keep it warm when using a treatment for extra penetration & hydration.
- Apply a lightweight oil or serum to the ends of your hair to lock in moisture. Scrunch out the crunch is our best seller.
Lack of definition:
- Stylers are 100% needed for definition and curl formation. See all of our recommended stylers here.
- Use a wet brush to enhance curls then scrunch hair gently while it's damp to enhance natural curls. See a tutorial on the best methods here.
- Consider using a diffuser to dry your hair, which can help enhance definition. We have a diffuser that first a lot of hairdryers - read the information well before purchasing.
Tangles and knots:
- Colouring your hair, especially bleaching will cause excessive breakage. Work with your hairdresser to come up with a plan for colouring and try to avoid bleaching where you can.
- Use a satin or silk pillowcase to reduce friction and minimize breakage. Here are a few options.
- Incorporate regular deep conditioning treatments to strengthen the hair. Watch the tutorial and Learn more here.
- Use a root-lifting spray or mousse to add volume at the crown. We have a vegan & natural root lifter here and also our best selling curl foam here.
- Try flipping your hair upside down and blow-drying at the roots to create lift.
- Consider using hair accessories like clips or hairpins to add volume and height. Our claw clip is great to attach to the top and create a natural lift.
- Develop a consistent hair care routine that includes deep conditioning and regular trims.
- Opt for low-manipulation hairstyles to reduce styling time. Our Quickie Kit is the perfect solution!
Lack of shine:
- Use a clarifying shampoo occasionally to remove product buildup that can make hair appear dull. This duo is going to give you the perfect cleanse.
- Avoid overuse of heat styling tools and protect your hair from excessive sun exposure.
- Try an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse every 2 months to give yourself a natural shine!
- Growth stems back to hair-health, use a scalp scrubber with our scrunch out the crunch oil just before you shampoo (do this every 3rd wash), along with a clarifying shampoo.
- Deep condition your ends every few washes to help with hydration - dehydrated hair = breakage.
- Use less hot tools and colour less, both of which create dry + broken hair.
If you have a curly hair problem, we're always open to helping where we can, shoot us a DM on @bosscurl.co
Your curl friend, Adelle x